Corner Brook, NL is the second largest city in Newfoundland. It is home to the Corner Brook Pulp and Paper Mill, Western Regional Memorial Hospital the largest hospital in Western Newfoundland and the Grenfell Campus of Memorial University. The area was first surveyed by Captain James Cook in 1767. The city was originally four communities made up of Curling, Humber West or Westside, Humbermouth and the Heights and Townsite. In 1956, the four communities were amalgamated to form the beautiful city of Corner Brook.